The Black+Decker BDH2000PL Pivot Vacuum is one of those appliances which you can’t afford not to have based in its flexibility and convenience in cleaning.
With a heritage of more than 100 years as one of the most trusted brands in the world, the new Black+Decker identity builds on that trust by providing innovative and reliable products. Along with a meaningful, emotional, and empowering experience for the home, the new Black+Decker products have become Honest, Intuitive, Involved and Thoughtful
For those looking for serious power, Black+Decker’s all-purpose 20V MAX Lithium Pivot has strong suction provided by the 20V MAX lithium ion battery, a lightweight design for easy carrying, and a standing charging base. The Pivot is not only powerful, but it’s also so compact that it can be stored within easy reach to any mess.
This 20V MAX Lithium Pivot comes with an on board crevice tool and brush that are always at hand to tackle any mess, while a distinctive pivoting nose feature enables easy cleaning for all those hard to reach areas, such as under cupboards, above tall shelves, and in between couch cushions. Simply place the Pivot in its stand to charge. Finally, for a more thorough clean, simply remove the entire bowl from the unit and wash it in your sink. Filter flicker loosens embedded debris from filter to improve suction power. the bowl is easily removed and washable.
- Lithium Technology for strong suction and fade free power
- Exclusive pivoting nozzle means huge power in a compact size
- A high performance motor provides superior suction capability
- The cyclonic action spins dust and debris away from the filter keeping suction power strong
- 3-stage filtration system
- This unit includes: Vacuum, Washable filter (model PVF110), Pre-filter, On-board Brush, On-board Crevice Tool and Charging Base.
The always ready and convenient 20V MAX Lithium Pivot Vac is perfect for handy cleaning anywhere and anytime. The pivoting features allows you to get into those hard-to-reach spaces, and the high performance motor delivers strong suction for messes big and small,
An exclusive pivoting nozzle means huge power in a compact size – lets you reach those hard to access areas. Its high performance motor provides superior suction capability when compared to other Black+Decker cordless hand vacs. The cyclonic action spins dust and debris away from the filter keeping suction power strong.
This Black+Decker BDH2000PL offers a 3-stage filtration system with a pleated filter design offers superior filtration for clean air exhaust. The wide mouth design scoops up large debris and simply flip up the brush to clean upholstery or extend the crevice to access tight spaces. This unit also has a quick charging base that keeps the unit charged and accessories organized.
Lithium Ion batteries offer strong suction and fade-free power throughout their use hence users will now have the confidence that they can complete tasks quickly, efficiently, and conveniently with this new Flex Vac.
The translucent, bag less dirt bowl has 42 percent more capacity than the original Pivot Vac and offers a side door function for emptying dirt. For a more thorough clean, simply remove the entire bowl from the unit and wash it in your sink.
What we liked about it
- Lithium Ion batteries offer strong suction and fade-free power throughout their use as compared to other types of batteries that fade and lose suction, making it difficult for users to complete their cleaning task before running out of power.
- The battery charge duration is great, the unit seems to have great power and suction and it is hugely more convenient than dragging out the vacuum cleaner.
- Easy to Clean: The translucent, bag less dirt bowl has 42 percent more capacity than the original Pivot Vac and offers a side door function for emptying dirt. For a more thorough clean, simply remove the entire bowl from the unit and wash it in your sink.
- The Pivot is not only powerful, but it’s also so compact that it can be stored within easy reach to any mess
- It is more powerful, runs much longer, as much as it is smaller and lighter. The brush pivots up when needed and is never lost from the set angle.
- It has a rubber flap in the canister to prevent dirt from falling out through the nozzle.
- The BDH2000PL comes with a charging cradle that can sit on the floor or be wall mounted. The cradle includes two screws for wall mounting.
- The vacuum has a dim blue light on its side. While the vacuum is charging, the blue light flashes. The light goes out when the vacuum is fully charged. The light also comes on when the vacuum is running. This is an improvement from the previous designs where light was annoying bright.
- The built-in crevice tool extends from the nozzle several inches, it pushes into the nozzle when not in use.
- The built-in brush is attached to the nozzle and folds out of the way when not in use.
- The filters on the vacuum use a simple twist lock and they are easily removed for cleaning. The dust canister/nozzle can be removed for cleaning as well. These filters can be removed without removing the canister/nozzle.
What we didn’t like about it
- The small plastic pegs on the door that slot into the holes on the opposite side of the hinge of what Black and Decker calls the “Bowl & Nozzle” assembly have two very tiny connection points to the plastic door which we think can wear out fast depending on the use.
- The dust cap has a clip that seems cheaply made and will likely wear out quickly.
- When sweeping larger areas, you need to work right to left since the fan will blow your dirt all over the place if you work in the opposite direction.
The vacuum has decent suction and works well for your needs. You can charge it for only 30 minutes and have it running for a couple of times in a day.
A hand held vacuum excels as a smaller, lighter, nimbler sidekick to a “regular” vacuum. It cleans spots that a big vac can’t always conveniently reach: countertops, windowsills, or a car, for example, since there’s usually no cord to unravel, it’s super easy to grab a handheld vac off the charging dock for 10 seconds whenever you need to suck up a few dust bunnies or grains of spilled cereal. That is what Black+Decker BDH2000PL has to offer.
If you live in a very small apartment with no rugs, and you aren’t super picky about cleanliness, you can probably get away with such a good handheld as your only vacuum.
It might not the most durable handheld vacuum but all we can say is that it can last for a while depending on your use.
If this won’t be satisfactory to you it is good to try BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FL which has 4-foot hose to reach dirt high and low and it is cordless, portable and ultra-compact vac allows you to tackle your chores without lugging out your full size vacuum. A high-performance motor delivers strong suction for small and big messes.