The Dalstrong Gladiator Series Knives are brilliant observation in premium performance, serve as, craftsmanship, and artistry. Now you might be slicing with power. Outstanding craftsmanship, state of the art technology, stunning design elements, and premium materials. Peak performance hasn’t ever looked so just right at this price.
Incredibly sharp, full-tang, imported high-carbon German steel, with perfectly engineered serrations at 18 degrees per side and expertly heat treated. Clean, straight cuts with a robust and resilient 5″ edge requiring no sharpening.
- (1)Chef Knife (8″)
- (1) Santoku Knife (7″)
- (1)Bread Knife (9″)
- (1)Carving/Slicer (9″)
- (1)Utility Knife (6.5″)
- (1) Serrated Utility Knife (6″)
- (1) Paring Knife (3.5″)
- (1)Exquisite Gift Packaging
The Gladiator handles.
These handles are comfortably rounded and perfectly smoothly finished and are a little longer than those of my older set. That means your hand and wrist are protected from soreness and fatigue because of better ergonomics. Get better leverage and a better, more relaxed gripping length, which I think also gives you better control and accuracy with less struggle.
This might not make much difference for someone with a very strong, muscular hand and wrist, but for most people, the repeated daily use of a knife that is easier on your hand adds up to preventing discomfort in the wrist and hand. This is hugely important for many users of this knife. Comparing to very soft grip handles of some lighter weight knives, I have found that while those kinds of handles are soft in the hand, they have a tendency to lack balance, and require more wrist effort and more wrist effort means more strain and less control. So these Gladiator knife handles win out over other types of knife handles, for me.
The knife handles are not a natural wood, rather they are a heat resistant, water resistant, hardened PakkaWood product that is harder than natural wood, and stronger. We like the feel of natural wood in our hand, but these are more likely than natural wood to last a lifetime and beyond.
These have a strong and resilient yet fairly thin cutting blade, and are professionally hand-sharpened to a 16 to 18 degree angle, which makes the knife glide easier through foods. 2 of the blades have side divots that reduce friction, to make cutting easier. The serrated blades are shaped and sharpened to finely cut without tearing and crumbling breads and other foods. Of course these have the full tang blade design, with high carbon German steel, so they are going to last. Comparing my older knife set to these, I find these knives will cut through the same foods with less effort, even though the other set has been recently sharpened.
The Gladiator’s slightly longer handles, and the weight of the handles, provide good leverage and reduce effort required to do the same work.
The Gladiator wood block slim design
Looks beautiful on the counter top, and the slim design works better for my kitchen space.
Looks aren’t everything, but I do like how the acacia wood knife block looks in my kitchen. It’s a reddish dark wood tone natural wood. The wood grain is beautiful, and the veneer is nicely done. I like the added touch of the DALSTRONG logo metal name plate on the side. The DALSTRONG lion head emblem gives that strong, royal impression. The lion emblem shows up on the blades, and on handle rivets.
Comprehensive “Care and about” booklet
Great instructions are included for using the honing rod for keeping the edges nice between sharpening, and a good explanation of the difference between honing and sharpening, and the reason for both, and the recommendation and “how to” of using a whetstone sharpening method.
Be sure to use wood, plastic, or bamboo wood cutting boards, but avoid use of glass, granite, marble, or ceramic cutting surfaces. All the use and care information I need is in this little booklet.
The very least thing to consider is packaging, but it does come impressively boxed and would be nicely presentable for gift giving.
- Each blade is precision forged, ultra sharp, wear resistant, single-piece, high carbon
- ThyssenKrupp German steel at 55 Rockwell
- The edge is painstakingly hand sharpened to 16-18° per side, maintaining the perfect balance between achieving ultra thin slices and maximum resilience
- Tall blade height gives knuckle clearance to assist with food preparation and chopping activity
- Beautiful hand polished satin finish blade
- Tapered design for hardness and flexibility
- Stain resistant
- Polished spine to facilitate a comfortable pinch grip
- Full tang for incredible robustness & quality
- Premium quality laminated pakkawood handles imported from Spain, for superior strength, refinement, and beauty. Sanitary build perfect for busy kitchens
- Triple riveted for even more durability
- Mirror polished, finger protective bolster provides for a perfectly engineered balance with just the right heft
- Ergonomic handle shape for maximum comfort, grip and maneuverability
- Sharpens easily
- Stainless steel (end cap) adds counter balance and distinction
- Engraved Dalstrong center rivet
- Cleans easily for low maintenance
- Includes a BPA free protective Dalstrong PerfectFit sheath
DALSTRONG Gladiator knives are excellent and will serve well for a lifetime. We expect this set will still be around when your grandchildren set up housekeeping.
Engineered to perfection at 55 Rockwell hardness and hand polished to a satin finish. Sparsely tapered for improved hardness, flexibility, and minimal slicing resistance.
Based on a positive experience with the Gladiator Series, if you can choose to upgrade to the best, top-of-the-line professional quality.