The SF-B901 Pro Indoor Cycling Bike $259.55 at Amazon comes in as affordable, but rates among the more inexpensive indoor spinning bikes on the market. It doesn’t have the most sophisticated extras like the expensive bikes in the market but offers high-quality steel construction with a heavy-duty chain-drive mechanism which is the best for a great workout.
The new standard in home fitness! Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B901 Pro Indoor Cycling Bike offers all of the necessities for an amazing cycling workout along with everything at-home fitness enthusiasts could wish for. With total portability with transportation wheels for easy set-up and hide-away, your home will transform into a gym and back in no time.
Exercising in the comfort of your own home has never been so easy, convenient, or fun. This fully adjustable seat and adjustable handlebars offer a completely customizable experience for ultimate user comfort and compatibility. The heavy duty steel frame and crank adds essential quality and durability to go the distance, no matter what your fitness goals.
The SF-B901 Sunny Pro bike is built for spinning and it does so very well. However, you won’t find the kinds of performance tracking capabilities or automated workout programs common to more expensive indoor cycling models.
There are no official height restrictions given on this bike. However, if you are below 5 foot 3 inches you may find it difficult to use the bike comfortably in pedaling and reaching the handlebars. Customers who are below this height have modified the seat post by either drilling a hole in it or cutting the bottom off it so it slides further down. At the other end of the height spectrum 6 foot 8 inches seems to be the top of the range after that you are likely to feel cramped and not be able to pedal properly.
The seat can be moved upwards/downwards and forwards/backwards. You do this by unscrewing the adjustment knob and moving the seat adjustment bars until a hole in the bar lines up with the shaft and then you screw the adjustment knob back in.
What we liked about it
- The assembly of this bike is mere child’s play and, once set up, the frame is sturdy and durable, ideal for anyone looking for a long-term investment. This bike is in it for the long haul.
- It has 40 lb chromed solid flywheel for stability with felt pads for adjustable pressure resistance. The heavier the flywheel, the smoother the ride! Creating more momentum for longer periods of time keeps your workout going the distance. Sunny Health and Fitness’s Flywheel is second to none when it comes to feeling like you are really riding outdoors, no more jerky, out of control movements, regardless of speed or resistance level.
- The resistance that you need. Switch up the intensity of your workout with the convenient tension knob. With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease resistance so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey. Perfect for any user’s skill level! Also has a safety Stop Switch.
- It gives you adjustable handlebars. Padded adjustable handlebars that move up and down in height. Multi-grip ergonomic handlebar designed for all types of hand and grip positions for maximum comfort. The middle section even has a nice area to prop up your favorite book or tablet to keep you going for your long workout.
- The comfortable leather Padded Seat. Fully adjustable leather padded seat, moves forward/back and up/down. The seat can be adjusted for height and proximity to handlebars. With a simple twist of a knob, you can move back and forth (and up / down) so your workout can remain comfortable when riding for long periods of time.
- The bike’s heavier-than-usual 40lb flywheel. The effectiveness of a workout is largely impacted by the weight of the flywheel, and a 40lb flywheel helps mimic a real feeling of road-bike momentum.
Products from Amazon.com‹ ›
What we didn’t like about it
Lack of computerized features. Although not by any means essential for a great workout, there are plenty of other indoor cycling bike models on the market that have these added luxuries that enable riders to fully customize their workout and track their progress, and this puts the SF-B901 at a bit of a disadvantage.
The SF-B901 Pro Indoor Cycling Bike is both an affordable and practical indoor bike for anyone, beginner or advanced indoor bike enthusiast, looking to get into shape or simply improve their level of fitness. The SF-B901 Pro is a no-frills, basic indoor bike, perhaps overshadowed by fancier models of indoor cycles and Spinning bikes on the market boasting an array of computer features and little luxuries, but it is ideal for anyone on a budget who simply wants a reliable, sturdy bike to work out on from the comfort of their own home.
The SF-B901 is a lightweight model but solid and durable, and its 40lb flywheel is perhaps its best feature as it enhances the efficiency of any workout. Its adjustable seat, handlebars and level of resistance allow it to be customized to suit any rider, and its stylish silver and red design means it certainly looks the part, the features produce invigorating yet quiet Spin workouts, so you won’t wake the kids down the hall while you exercise.
The indoor bike also accommodates a wide variety of riders thanks to the fully adjustable seat and handlebars for the ultimate comfort and compatibility. Other features include a heavy-duty steel frame, an adjustable resistance system, and transport wheels for easy mobility. Designed to support up to 275 pounds, the fitness bike measures 20W x 46.5H by 48.5D inches and weighs 108 pounds. Note: The left pedal needs to be screwed in counter clockwise
If you’re looking for something that simply gets the job done, there’s little point in paying through the nose when the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B901 $259.55 at Amazon offers an effective workout and a durable, easy-to-assemble frame at such a low price. It may not have the fancy electronic features of many other bikes, but if you can live without these added extras in favor of saving a pretty penny, it may be well-worth the sacrifice.