This ThermoPro TP-07 is a single-channel wireless remote food thermometer with good accuracy at a good price. Both the transmitter and receiver are surrounded with a rubber shell that would protect the unit from damage if dropped. The manufacture claims a 300 foot range, or about 90 meters. Neither of the unit is waterproof. The manufacturer advises that the thermometer is not designed to be used as an oven thermometer because accuracy is not guaranteed above 200º F or 93º C. The unit is not waterproof and should not be used in the rain.
This ThermoPro TP07 Remote Digital Thermometer unit has a temperature measurement function and an up or down counter timer. The display will slowly flash blue as the temperature rises while cooking. When the temperature rises to within 15º F of the target temp, the blue will change to green to alert the cook that the food is nearly done. When the target temperature is reached, the green will turn to red and an audible alert will sound.
- Temperature Range: 16°F to 482°F (-9°C to 250°C)
- Accuracy: ±1.8°F (±1°C) from 32 to 212°F (0 to 100°C)
- Probe Length: 6.5″ food grade stainless steel probe
- Cable Length: 40″ stainless steel mesh cable
- Remote Range: Up to 300 feet
- Receiver Display Size: 1.5”x1.3”
- Transmitter Display Size: 1”x0.55”
- Certifications: FCC certified, CE certified, ROHS, FDA approved probe
- Uses: BBQ, Oven, Smoker, Meat, Food
A count-up or count-down timer with a 24 hour limit can be set. In the count-down mode, an alarm will sound when it times out. The timer can run in the background while monitoring food temperature.
Target temps can be selected by choosing the type of meat and the desired degree of doneness. These adhere to USDA standards. Alternatively, the user can select any temperature she or he desires.
TP-07 Digital Wireless Thermometer is a perfect choice to accurately monitor your meat remotely. Stop going back and forth from indoors to outdoors to check up on your meat, and instead monitor it from 300 feet away! Does your recipe call for your meat to be at a specific temperature? Not to worry, this unit allows you to set your desired temperature, so you’re enjoying the meat the way you prefer. If you’re new to cooking or unsure of meat temperatures, don’t worry our system includes programmed USDA approved temperatures for all kinds of meats at different doneness levels.
- Large, smart backlit LCD display that changes color during the cooking process (blue->green->red)
- STEP-DOWN probe tip design; Probe and Wire can withstand up to 716°F (380°C)
- Programmed with preset USDA approved temperatures for different types of meat (Ground Beef, Ground Poultry, Beef, Veal, Chicken, Pork, Poultry, Lamb and Fish)
- Programmed with preset USDA approved doneness levels for a different types of meat (Rare, Medium Rare, Medium, Medium Well and Well Done)
- It allows you to Program your own temperature settings manually
- It too has a countdown and count up timer
- Alarm to alert you when your attention is required
- Automatic shut off feature whenever to the time set has lapsed
- The rubber sleeve case protects the gadget from any kind of impact. Both the transmitter and receiver are surrounded with a rubber shell that would protect the unit from damage if dropped.
- Transmitter has wire to either hook on oven door or use as a stand
- Receiver pullout counter top stand with belt clip
- Splash proof receiver
This ThermoPro TP07, comes with batteries which most of other counterparts don’t have. Then there’s a lot of care in the details and it’s made really well.
Both parts of the thermometer have a convenient stand, the battery hatch is very secure, the design is pretty, and it feels good in my hands when holding it. The instructions to set up this unit are as easy as the two units pairs with absolutely no effort.
Temperature accuracy is good in the food temp range and acceptable outside it too. The probe has a 4″ (10cm) straight section, then a bend. This limits the probe depth to the length of the straight part, but that should be deep enough for most purposes. Like nearly all food temp probes, this one cannot be submerged or put in a dishwasher. Careful hand cleaning that prevents water from getting into the probe is required.
This ThermoPro TP07, Remote Digital Thermometer will sound an alert for one minute if a signal from the transmitter is not received for 30 minutes, and then it will shut down. There is no other mechanism for alerting signal loss, a potentially serious fault. The unit will also shut down if the temperature stays below 122º F (50º C) for two hours
There is a lot to like about this unit: price, ruggedness and performance. It’s one drawback as mentioned above is the failure to annunciate signal loss from the transmitter. Other that this design flaw it is an ideal digital thermometer to have.