Many consumers have changed from drip coffee and coffee pods to French press coffee. The taste comparison between paper filtered coffee and coffee made from the Bodum Brazil French press is beyond amazing. Most consumers are satisfied and happy knowing that they are four minutes away from a delicious cup of home brewed coffee and no more buying paper filters and you can also join this happy lot.
It sports an attractive and functional design that is both durable, heat-resistant with a borosilicate glass beaker and a plastic handle and base, making it easy to clean and use. The 3-part stainless steel plunger has a fine mesh filter, which allows for a premium extraction of your coffee’s aromatic oils and subtle flavors.
The mesh filter allows this flavor to be delivered direct to your cup and not absorbed by a paper filter. Plus, no paper filter means no waste. The patented safety lid prevents the splashing of liquids while pressing. All parts are dishwasher-safe.
In fact, the Bodum Press is a refinement of the cowboy coffee brewing method, minus the campfire and straining it through a sock. By all standards, the press does what perking, dripping and steaming ground coffee cannot do: produce a stout, yet smooth cup of coffee.
- Coffee is measured in 4 oz. cups, this 8-cup, 34-ounce French Press serves 2-3 people
- Carafe is made of durable, heat-resistant borosilicate glass; BPA free Plastic handle and base. Both Dishwasher Safe
- 3-part stainless steel mesh filter helps extract your coffee’s aromatic oils and subtle flavors
- Pressed coffee extracts the perfect amount of essentials oils and acids from the bean for the maximum amount of flavor from your coffee.
- We love how you can easily clean every day and after every use
- We also love how it stays warm and your coffee will be hotter whenever you need it.
- All parts are dishwasher safe
- The plastic framework especially the bottom edge, help protect the unit from damage due to accidental impact.
- If the glass breaks you can always find a replacement for this model.
- The lid has an aroma seal which prevent the loss of volatile coffee aroma, keeps the lid in place when pouring and keeps it warm.
- You can remove and change out the filter, which sometimes cheaper french presses will not do.
- This press offers the simplicity of making coffee which other appliances don’t possess.
- As much as the body parts are made of plastic, rest assured that all the filter parts are made of stainless steel with no plastic.
What we didn’t like
- The size isn’t right if you wanted to make coffee for more than two people at one.
- Many wish it had markings which it doesn’t have.
You don’t need a high dollar french press to make great coffee if you do it the right way (with course grounds). The Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker offers a good way to press your coffee at a price that is hard to ignore. It boasts a good design, that eschews the common shiny metal surfaces in place of polypropylene which makes it more fun and colorful including the black color. All these reasons make it a recommendable choice for anyone looking for a decent coffee press but on a budget.